Re: Re: Re: [Protux-devel] Vertical zoom fixed

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Protux-devel] Vertical zoom fixed
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 20:28:41 -0300

But if you're still very close to the right edge, and try to move right, you
wont have
space, so this solution does not fit.
The point here is to gain space. I will try to find a way to detect the
movement WITHOUT moving (that leads
back to your first suggestion, and solves the problem

anyway, all you guys are saying about visual information I totally agree. Maybe
must go to SPECS ?

OFF TOPIC : Fabio my phone number is (019) 9147 7394, if you are near campinas
and want to make a call, please be my guest :-)

On Friday 13 June 2003 09:36 am, rsff wrote:
> Huh,
>
> I don't think that is a good solution. It causes a bit of a
> "mouse-loss". You temporarily loose sight of the mouse, and this can
> become tiring. The eyes usually follow the mouse whereever it goes, so
> when you misplace the mouse, you look for it. Even if for a split
> second, this becomes a tiring activity. This is why generaly the mouse
> isn't placed on top of Buttons in dialog boxes in normal windowed
> applications.
>
> However, expand this idea. When you iniciate the job action, a
> window/graph appears under the mouse, (whereever it is) and it bounds
> the mouse (the mouse can't move outside that boundrie). You move the
> mouse to the amount you wish it to go, while still having the percentage
> graph in the LCD Display.
>
> The other solution would be to not have this bar-graph under the mouse,
> and instead bound the mouse by the whole screen. However, the units of
> the zoom are set so that you can move from 0% zoom to 100%+zoom with
> only the half or two-thirds (or one third for that matter) of the
> screen. Since most of the work is carred in the middle of the screen,
> the user would only have to redo the jog IF he needed to go being 100%
> zoom. For this solution we would definately need to percentage to be
> displayed on the LCD Display, AND would also need to add a "fine
> adjustment" control to Zooming (and other actions similar to this). This
> could mean not only adding a "fine adjustment" jog action, but also
> implenting a dialog box which asks which percentage you want. I
> personally like this solution better.

> I also think that GAIN and PAN Jog actions could also follow this
> procedure (although, I think that their bar-graphs definately need to
> always be on display in the Track Panel Area. (TPA).) I don't like the

yes, the idea is to find a paradigm for all JOG actions