Re: Re: Re: Re: [Protux-devel] Vertical zoom fixed

From: rsff
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [Protux-devel] Vertical zoom fixed
Date: 14 Jun 2003 09:56:32 -0300

> I mean ... the mouse pointer could be replaced by some kind of graphic when
> user started an action, and should be restored to the original position,
> after finishing the action, so it should be no problem (if possible), even if
> the mouse pointer is close to some edge?

So your are suggesting a sort of PopUp Window that gives a bar-graph
with a percentage? This is sort of what I had in mind (my second
suggestion). The questions here are:

1. Were will this PopUp window show up? (somewhere defined on the
screen, or under the mouse?. If we go with this option, I prefer the
second one.
2. Will moving the mouse from anywhere in the screen result the control
of the action? We could very well have a popup window in the middle of
the screen which only excepts control when you point to the window. This
is not a bad option at all.

I really don't like the idea of moving the mouse without the user's
wanting it. It really does make the eyes tired.

Another idea that I had was that we define a place in the Screen where
these sort of actions happen (so, for example, we define that controls
like that of Zoom can only happen when you point to the LCD Display, for
example), and then we don't have a problem with where amount of space
that the mouse has.

RFC.
Fabio

--