Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:26:22 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 3. We have a branch
> remotes/origin/dev/guilev2
> Makes sense to checkout it?
> (It should, ofcourse, I'll test tomorrow)

I've rebased it now, basically chucking one superseded commit.  It now
contains two commits that likely don't hurt, but I am also skeptical
that either will help.  Both concern trouble when loading utf-8 files.

So you can git fetch again and then give origin/dev/guilev2 another try.

The last commit is pretty much guaranteed to stop having an effect with
Guile-2.1 at the latest.  Mark Weaver claims that Guile-2.0 should still
have the previous behavior (where the patch helped) but I'm skeptical.
What I remember is that it worked at some point of time (Guile-2.0.8 or
something) and then stopped in 2.0.10 or 2.0.11.  It's possible I got
versions or symptomes mixed up at some point of time: at least a cursory
grep and glance at the respective range of changes in Guile did not turn
up any likely candidate for trouble.