Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 21:11:20 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Took me ~8h
>>
>> There is a “guile-next” package for GNU Guix, which makes it possible
>> to get a binary build of Guile 2.1.1 (built from the 2.1.1 snapshot on
>> ftp://alpha.gnu.org).
>
> Absolutely no point in fighting with Guile 2.1 yet.

I just meant to comment on “compiling Guile-2.1 [...] is insane”.  If
you want to test against Guile 2.1 for some reason, it may make more
sense to install the binary with Guix rather than waiting for a day for
the build to succeed.

As Paul mentioned, there also is a package for Guile 2.0.11 in Guix.

~~ Ricardo