Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: guilev2-work [was: LilyPond boolean syntax? \true and \false]
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:40:23 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>>> To be sure, the exercise is:
>>>
>>> (1) checkout the marked branch
>>>
>>> ~/guile (master)$ git branch -a
>>> * master
>> [...]
>>>   remotes/origin/stable-2.0
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> [...]
>>
>>> (2) Compile it
>>> (3) Build LilyPond with this guile somehow
>>>
>>> Correct?
>>
>> It's the basis for making more tangible progress. [...]
>
> I've now checked out branch origin/stable-2.0, derived a local branch
> and compiled it.
>
> ~/guile/meta (my-stable-2.0)$ ./guile
> GNU Guile 2.0.11.170-4d08e
> [...]
>
> Should be the version we aim at.
>
> Though, how to compile LilyPond with this guile-version?
> Which commands do you actually use for it?

That question is easy to answer: I never built with anything but the
Ubuntu Guile versions.  So this would appear to be of the "look at what
options "./configure --help" offers for this" kind.  And if it's silent
about that, see what kind of environment variables might be interpreted.

I mean, Gub has to do the same here: build its own library version and
use/link it.  So there must be a way.