Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > >  It's better to lose a few weeks of
    > > 1.2.2 work than to have to live in perpetuity with any unforseen
    > > consequences of rushing to endorse that work.

    > No need to rush, and at least Matthew's using jblack's tree as a source
    > of useful patches.  I think you're squandering the testing we did on
    > 1.2.2rcs by basing 1.3 on 1.2.1, but it's your choice.

Matthew trolling through the 1.2.2 tree is his (generous) choice, not
something I would ask him to do.  I agree with you that it's nice.

The end result of that is that nothing is squandered: stuff just gets
one more pass of neatening up and review.

The good end result /isn't/ (exclusively) my choice: it's an emergent
property of the independent choices of at least three people (me, for
not countermanding it, Matthew and James for working on it).

So: (a) Don't blame me for squandering that testing when it isn't, in
fact, being squandered.  (b) Don't credit me (exclusively) either:
it's just "what the group did".