Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> writes:
    > >         Does anyone have a list of the contributed code that hasn't
been
    > > included?  There have been a few implemented features that I've either
    > > seen or heard of that I've needed, but aren't in any release.  I'm
    > > under the impression that new feature work has a pretty high chance of
    > > ending up wasted effort.

    > It seems like a huge mess to me...  E.g. what's the status of all the
    > stuff merged into the "prerelease" by James -- and the corresponding
    > bugs closed?  Does all that have to be re-submitted now?  Where?  How?
    > When?  [What?]

Yeah, 1.2.2 crashed and burned.  Get over it.   Certain persons may have
given the mistaken impression that they had a lot more to say about
design decisions than they do and more than they should --- but we're
mostly past that, now.

We're looking at a test candidate release next week with a humble but
insistent set of changes.  Less than whatever was dogpiled onto 1.2.2
but a solid first step towards 1.3.   (No pressure, Matthew :-)

"Long, hard, slog...."