Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Matthew Dempsky
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:39:11 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 01:34:20PM -0700, Thomas Lord wrote:
>>     > It seems like a huge mess to me...  E.g. what's the status of all the
>>     > stuff merged into the "prerelease" by James -- and the corresponding
>>     > bugs closed?  Does all that have to be re-submitted now?  Where?  How?
>>     > When?  [What?]
>>
>> Yeah, 1.2.2 crashed and burned.  Get over it.   Certain persons may have
>> given the mistaken impression that they had a lot more to say about
>> design decisions than they do and more than they should --- but we're
>> mostly past that, now.
>
> Er, yeah, OK, but could you give a brief answer to the questions above?
>
> I presume that we have to re-submit everything?

James just gave me a list of the most important couple of patches in
his 1.2.2 release candidates that aren't yet merged into mainline.  I
will be spending this week reviewing and merging them for the 1.3 test
candidate next week.

After 1.3 has been released, I will likely continue to work on pulling
any remaining patches from his tree, but if patch submitters are
interested in getting their fixes integrated more quickly, they're
recommended to setup a branch of address@hidden to submit
and alleviate me from having to do that myself.