Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:49:21 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
Dustin Sallings <address@hidden> writes:

Does anyone have a list of the contributed code that hasn't been included? There have been a few implemented features that I've either seen or heard of that I've needed, but aren't in any release. I'm under the impression that new feature work has a pretty high chance of ending up wasted effort.

It seems like a huge mess to me...  E.g. what's the status of all the
stuff merged into the "prerelease" by James -- and the corresponding
bugs closed?  Does all that have to be re-submitted now?  Where?  How?
When?  [What?]

Not to mention Why. We were 1 line of code away from the best release of tla since 1.2 came out last February. I haven't heard a convincing argument that we should abandon the work we put into it. Sure, we should consider new ways of moving forward, but I think we should grandfather 1.2.2 and get it out.

Aaron