Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:23:42 -0400

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

Not to mention Why. We were 1 line of code away from the best release of tla since 1.2 came out last February. I haven't heard a convincing argument that we should abandon the work we put into it. Sure, we should consider new ways of moving forward, but I think we should grandfather 1.2.2 and get it out.

I believe it was and is just a matter of someone willing to
do the work.

No one stepped up to the plate...

No, the issue is that without Tom's blessing, doing that would constitute forking tla. Matthew Dempsky does have Tom's blessing (and financial backing, AIUI) but Tom's asked him to proceed using the draft merge policies instead of getting 1.2.2 out the door.

Aaron

p.s. the work needed was already done, and can be found here:
address@hidden/tla--candidate--1.2.2--patch-2