Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File naming conventions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:58:43 -0400

Thomas Lord wrote:
    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>
Right.  I have.

My base level of trust in the integration work that went into 1.2.2
crashed through the floor.

When did that happen? I don't recall you pointing out any problems during the "Tom's review week" portion of testing. From here it looks like you're conflating the process conflicts with technical issues.

 It's better to lose a few weeks of
1.2.2 work than to have to live in perpetuity with any unforseen
consequences of rushing to endorse that work.

No need to rush, and at least Matthew's using jblack's tree as a source of useful patches. I think you're squandering the testing we did on 1.2.2rcs by basing 1.3 on 1.2.1, but it's your choice.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology