[Gnu-arch-users] How to switch a working directory to a different branch

From: Andrew Wilcox
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] How to switch a working directory to a different branch?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:58:30 -0400

I'm working in a version imaginatively named "all--a--0".  I've made a
bunch of changes in my working directory which I haven't committed
yet.  I realize that I want to put these changes into a new branch.

    $ tla archive-setup all--profile--0
    $ tla tag all--a--0 all--profile--0

Ok, this seems to work as far as I can tell, I can go into a scratch
directory and get all--profile--0.

I go back to my working directory.  I want to commit my changes into
all--profile--0.

    $ tla set-tree-version all--profile--0
    $ tla changes
    changes: tree shows no revisions in version
      tree: /all
      version: address@hidden/all--profile--0

So, that's wrong, but I don't know why.  I looked in the wiki for
advice, but as far as I can tell the recipes for "switching branches"
appear to want to apply changes from the archive into the working
directory.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Andrew Wilcox