Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:37:32 +0100

Quinn Yee Qin Teh wrote:
> For the bars I'm used to it being on by pressing a certain key (from
> playing Warcraft 3) but could live with a key toggle control.
>
> About the lore, even though the higher level buildings look steampunked,
> is there really a place for steam-powered technology in glob2? I don't
> think that was the idea...

I like steam-punk. So far there was the idea that globs were some liquid like
beings and people wanted to keep the game toyish/"happy world" themed but it is
not consistent in many ways.

Looking at all our buildings (http://test.leowandersleb.de/glob2/glob2gfx.png)
I'd say the only steam-punk like buildings are L3 inn, hospital, racetrack,
pool, turret and L2/3 school. To really attract steam-punk fans the colors
should be more golden instead of steel gray.

Problem with steam punk is we have no metal to harvest at all ;)

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb