Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:05:09 +0100

On Sunday 18 January 2009 03:22:18 address@hidden wrote:
> > Is it ok for you to compile the game? If so, even if you do not want to
> > get
> > into mercurial, you can still have an up-to-date copy so that you can
> > play with latest features.
>
> ehm... what?^^
>
> > For instance, the new wall looks absolutely great, but
> > it
> > looks very stonish/metalic albeit it is purely made of wood. The old one
> > had
> > the woodish glue style. Maybe we can add a new wall for higher level and
> > use
> > your for this while keeping the old one for level one.
>
> well mmm why i did it like this...
> 1 looks nice (ok that s not a good reason)^^

Yes new your version surely does :-)

> 2 didnt unterstood it was made of wood since u require stone for building
> it, so since i made the stones of that colors i thought it would look grey
> and bluish.

It does? Ok, my mistake then, probably we changed this at some point and I
forget it, so for me it is ok to switch to your version if the community wants
to.

> 3 didn t know that the game was punkish style^^

Well, globulo-steam-punkish, not reallly bare punkish.... difficult to explain,
glob2 has set a new milestone in Art... sort of ;-)

> k now that i know i ll rework it^^
> do u have some kind of confirmed game lore? it would be very helpful for
> the graphic. I'm glad you like the terrain, but that's just a standard
> earthly terrain too.
>
> would it be better if i add some lore to the graphic?

What do you mean exactly? You would like to talk to someone who can provide
artwork/ambiance guidelines?

> >> areas so it shows moving lines, is it posible to rise the number of
> >> frames
> >> to 16? 8 moves a bit too fast and it's quite disturbing.
> >
> > I guess you didn't liked the original ones for this? What does the
> > community
> > thinks about the new ones?
>
> mm the array is a bit too difficult to adapt to other kind of seamless
> animations...

Ok, can you send me the area graphics? I am curious to see how it looks while
animated. The latest version of the default branch support more animation
steps :-)

Have a nice day,

Steph

--