Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic

From: dryad
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:27:14 -0000 (GMT)

> Dryad, are you redoing the unit/building graphics as well?
>
> I was just thinking if the unit/building graphics are being redone, we may
> as well get them redesigned at the same time as the lore so that
> everything's consistent and makes sense.
>
> Personally I don't think steampunked buildings look consistent with the
> design of the glob creatures. Maybe unless higher level globs look
> different
> (more cybernetic/metallic) from low level globs, then it would make sense.

I'm finishing the last chapter of the lore.
I tried to give a sense to the glob steam punk style.
I know it's just my personal point of view, but i think it's a good base
for developing the rest.

About the problem with metals, that's true, well, at least you need metals
for making steam machines^^

I tried to give to the background as much consistence as possible, also
leaving open branches for further details and development. It starts from
the very beginning and stops with the description of what game is in the
actual state (not "now" in sense of "time"). This is a "what made the
world look like this". Basically you can build lots of game campaigns with
it, but it doesn't force the creation of any prefixed campaign.
hope you will like it.

I used in-game features and also added some new hints, trying to explain
where they come from.

I've also changed some things, mostly related to the environement.

Let's say everything i changed is related to graphic and "meanings", while
everything i used as base is related to the game system and so i left it
unchanged.

Once you decide what the right lore is, we can proceed doing the right
graphic for this game.

PS
sorry for my storytelling english, it's very difficult to write something
good in a language you don't perfectly know.