Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic

From: Quinn Yee Qin Teh
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:23:30 +1100

Actually you're right.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
> anyway, dont you think that actually the whole globulation gameplay is too
> nature and wilderness oriented to be steampunked?

That is the reason I was naming it globulo-steam-punkish ;-)

I fully agree about your analysis. So let's try to define the art style of
glob2:

The idea was that when you start a base, you are in a very "nature" style, but
in a sort of shifted reality. This is the reason why the corn looks like
smarties. Think of it as a mix of some ecological simulation passed through
the "American McGee's Alice" shifted art design, but without the violence of
the latter. When the player upgrades her tech level, the buildings become
more steampunkish, in the Miyasaki style. I don't know if this seems
consistant to you?

Anyway, as you are an artist, your opinion is very welcome and you can also
propose/change things in the art design. I just think that we should try to
fit some consistant vision of the universe, but maybe we should define such
vision more in details.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--