Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Globulation Lore v1.0
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:10:29 +0100

Well done!

There are 5 things that I am missing:

1. The player and
2. his relation to the globs are not characterized.

The player has "total" information an can control the tasks of the
globs, but has no direct
influence on how the globs do it.  So how is the player?

(Bye the way: Each single glob needs to go through different levels of training.
That Information is neither passed between globs nor do newly created
globs profit.
Why?
Why do the globs know where all accessable resources are, and the
player does not?)

3. Explorers are not explained.

4. Steph had included support for critters in our glob2 engine.
We have never used it, because we lack the graphics.
It would be nice, if the story could explain the existence of critters too.

5.You mentioned conversion, but only in one direction and did not explain why
globs prefer to convert before starving.

Only two of these issues are connected to graphics and the story does not need
to explain everything anyway.  An open ended story (e.g. This world
still continues
to change ...) has advantages.
--
Kai Antweiler