Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savanna

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: 25 Mar 2001 12:19:11 +0200

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't agree with this. I think savannah is cool if you got "where
> gnous live" thing.

In my opinion, "savannah" is an excellent name. If it's meaning isn't
obvious at once, that's just makes it more fun when you finally
discover it. I like the GNU tradition of somewhat unobvious names.

Actually, it was just a few weeks ago I understood how "gnudist" is
supposed to be read, before a thought it was an extraordinary dull
name. ;-)

/Niels