[Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:08:39 +0100

> Personally, I still find "non-gnu.fsf.org" as a bit problematic---it looks
> like an endorsement by the FSF, even if it's clear that it's not part of
> GNU.

Isn't it so?

A non-gnu.fsf.org would emphasize the difference between
Open Source and Free software.

Actually the distinction between GNU and non-GNU is dim; and I think
that it is not the right way to classify programs; few programs and
libraries should indeed be part of GNU.  Maybe just the ones that
are needed to compile it and boot it.

Paolo