[Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:19:20 -0700 (MST)

    Personally, I still find "non-gnu.fsf.org" as a bit problematic---it looks
    like an endorsement by the FSF, even if it's clear that it's not part of
    GNU.

Whether people interpret it that way would depend on what we say.
Nobody thinks that sourceforge specifically endorses all the programs
on sourceforge.  So I don't think this is a big problem.

However, the decision is still open; if someone suggests a better name,
we can use it.

     Probably software.fsf.org would be better.

It isn't obvious (unless you know) that fsf stands for "Free Software
Foundation".  So I think free-sw.fsf.org, or free-software.fsf.org
would be better.  Those names more clearly express that the purpose of
the site is for free software.