[Savannah-hackers] Re: Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah an

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:59:01 -0700 (MST)

    That programs not strictly part of an OS are part of GNU -- for example, a
    few applications (to cite the most used, the GIMP, and to cite two exotic
    ones, ggradebook and RAT), languages that are not really system languages
    (my own Smalltalk for example, or Sather).

Our definition of an operating system is wider than that.  In the 1980s,
the Unix Operating System included all sorts of things, even games.
So does GNU.