Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 01:20:07 -0500

Hi. The build process is mine....

What version of autoconf/automake are you using? And what version of libtool?

My guess is you don't have libtool.

Mind you, unless you intend to develop simulavr, you are not supposed to need these tools.(except that we don't make tarballs that often, so you kinda don't have that much choice I guess...)

1.) If you just want a snapshot, I can roll one for you or we can wait for Klaus to chime in on when we should release an intermediate tarball...like simulavrxx-0.8.004???

2.) you could install libtool.

If you got this far, you hopefully noticed that you need libbfd installed as built by binutils when you build binutils for AVR target....

I'm game either way...

Robin Randhawa wrote:

Hi Klaus.

Thanks for the reply. I feel a lot more confident of pulling this thing off
with avr-gdb and simulavrxx on my linux box now! :)

After reading your email, I promptly checked out simulavrxx from the cvs
repository on savannah, but am having a problem building it.

Here are the steps I performed :
1. cd simulavrxx
2. ./bootstrap

I get the following messages:
+ aclocal -I config
+ autoheader
+ libtoolize --force
libtoolize: putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `config/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./libtool.m4'
+ automake --add-missing --copy
+ autoconf
configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
     See the Autoconf documentation.

I am not familiar with the autoconf mechanisms. The only thing I can think
of is that I am running Debian Sid with some experimental packages. Could
some version mismatch for libtool be the problem ?

Many thanks and cheers,
Robin