Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx features / another simulator

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx features / another simulator
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:15:17 +0100 (MET)

> Hi all,
> As part of a university project I developed an AVR simulator with hardware
> (UART etc) support. Unfortunately I now discover simulavrxx also has
> introduced hardware support, which is a small obstacle to gathering a
> userbase :)
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly what simulavrxx does/supports?
> - How fast is it?
For me it is not fast enough :-) But on a 800 Mhz it simualtes a
8 MHz 8515 nearly in realtime :-)

> - Does it run on Windows?
No, not yet. But it could be ported to native windows if someone write the
posix things in win api. But I have no windows and I will not bye it.
If you spend a pc with XP I will do it for you :-)

What other platforms?
> - How does its hardware support work - must all devices hang off a central
>   CPU
No. Multiple CPU could be simulated simultanous.

> or does it support complex nestings & multiple CPUs?
Yes. Each CPU could be driven with different clock speed. Each simulated
CPU could be connected to a seperate GDB interface socket.
> - Why on earth isn't it in WinAVR yet? :)
Because it make no sense to put a linux/unix software into a windows project
:-)

Bye
   Klaus

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!