Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility

From: Robin Randhawa
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 07:05:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi Klaus.

Thanks for the reply. I feel a lot more confident of pulling this thing off
with avr-gdb and simulavrxx on my linux box now! :)

After reading your email, I promptly checked out simulavrxx from the cvs
repository on savannah, but am having a problem building it.

Here are the steps I performed :
1. cd simulavrxx
2. ./bootstrap

I get the following messages:
+ aclocal -I config
+ autoheader
+ libtoolize --force
libtoolize: putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `config'.
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.guess'
libtoolize: copying file `config/config.sub'
libtoolize: copying file `config/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `./libtool.m4'
+ automake --add-missing --copy
+ autoconf
configure.ac:14: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      See the Autoconf documentation.

I am not familiar with the autoconf mechanisms. The only thing I can think
of is that I am running Debian Sid with some experimental packages. Could
some version mismatch for libtool be the problem ?

Many thanks and cheers,
Robin

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++