Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx-0.8.004 tarball available

From: Oleg Batrashev
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx-0.8.004 tarball available
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:28:06 +0200

Hi,

Downloaded and tried to compile.

> Pay attention to requirements...simulavrxx requires libbfd compatable
> with the cross compiler...so you likely want to build binutils with
> the --enable-install-libbfd to get this library.

1) First of all, --with-bfd-path does not work for me at all (I have bfd
in /usr and /usr/local/i686-pc-linuc-gnu/avr).
The reason is that it checks for avr-readelf, which I have in /usr,
because it comes with binutils-avr Debian package, but it does not
contain development files. So I had to download binutils-avr source and
install (only) bfd files from there.

2) 1. problem was solved with --prefix=/usr/local :)

3) make could not find config/depcomp, because I didnt have one in
config dir(depcomp is not distributed by default, see automake --help).
The solution was to add --disable-dependency-tracking to configure
command line.
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_mono/automake.html#Dependencies

> ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4
> if that's where your tcl.h is..
4) So here is my successful configure run

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-dependency-tracking
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4/ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/tcl8.4

5) I also tried first example - make do
Works fine, but if I press "update" button when field is empty then
something hangs and B0 output is not updated any more. Possibly its
simulavrxx, because GUI works ok after that.

Oleg