Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility

From: Robin Randhawa
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] A serial console utility
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:22:17 +0530

Hi.

Oleg, thanks for the tip, I managed to build simulavrxx just fine.

Klaus, in order to get going with the tcl/tk based gui as a solution for
my serial console problem, I decided to get the anacomp example to work
on the atmega128 first.

With a bit of tinkering around, I managed to get the anacomp example
going with some modifications, namely:

1. Added an HWAcomp instance to the Atmega128 device constructor.
2. Populated the rw[] register definition array with an appropriate
entry for the Acsr and its handler.

All in all, a satisfying experiment indeed!

Now, the next task is to get a console up which can render the text
being sent out on the UART, in a window, and conversely, interrupt the
processor and feed text entered in via another window.

I can create Instances of the SerialRx and SerialTx Classes on the
tcl/tk side which seems to bring up two text input areas. Beyond this,
I'm a bit stumped.

Klaus, are there more examples which newbies like me can use ?
Do you have a serial console solution for any other AVR which I can
use ?

I would be very grateful if you could point me a bit further.

Thanks and Cheers,
Robin

PS: I noticed that the AvrDevice_atmega128 constructor does not create
an HWUart method. I looked at the 4433 and 8515 and have added glue code
which should do the trick. As I mentioned above, I also added rw[]
entries for the UDR, UCSRA, UCSRB and the UBRR.