Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx-0.8.004 tarball available

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulavrxx-0.8.004 tarball available
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:13:43 -0500

Thanks Oleg.

I think you are spon-on with your observations...I think I can fix all
the buidl process issues... I can see where I went wrong now.
(including trusting "make distcheck" to build from the tarball
correclty as a check...for some reason that method missed including
depcomp..bah! I guess I need to manually check next time too ;-(

More to come...

Oleg Batrashev wrote:

 Hi,

 Downloaded and tried to compile.

> Pay attention to requirements...simulavrxx requires libbfd
> compatable with the cross compiler...so you likely want to build
> binutils with the --enable-install-libbfd to get this library.

 1) First of all, --with-bfd-path does not work for me at all (I
 have bfd in /usr and /usr/local/i686-pc-linuc-gnu/avr). The reason
 is that it checks for avr-readelf, which I have in /usr, because it
 comes with binutils-avr Debian package, but it does not contain
 development files. So I had to download binutils-avr source and
 install (only) bfd files from there.

 2) 1. problem was solved with --prefix=/usr/local :)

 3) make could not find config/depcomp, because I didnt have one in
 config dir(depcomp is not distributed by default, see automake
 --help). The solution was to add --disable-dependency-tracking to
 configure command line.

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_mono/automake.html#Dependencies

> ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4 if that's where your
> tcl.h is..

 4) So here is my successful configure run

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-dependency-tracking
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tcl8.4/ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/tcl8.4

 5) I also tried first example - make do Works fine, but if I press
 "update" button when field is empty then something hangs and B0
 output is not updated any more. Possibly its simulavrxx, because
 GUI works ok after that.

 Oleg