Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic

From: Quinn Yee Qin Teh
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] globulation graphic
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:32:45 +1100

Yea actually walls in the game ARE made of stone...

Dryad, this is steam punk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk it's not punk. Though I don't feel that the game really fits steam punk. I've always felt the game is cyberpunk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk
Don't think we have any 'confirmed' game lore yet.

Are you familiar with programming and/or open-source games at all? If not perhaps someone ought to explain to you in detail how to get the latest version of the game.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
> maybe we should soon start to introduce races. it is in the code already
> although it has never been used yet.
> a tech race would maybe have such walls but reproduce at much higher costs
> do you have those walls in 3d? as plans are to switch to a 3d-interface,
> it
> would be good to keep the 3d-data.

what? oO

ehm...
that will require some more things^^
that model is good for a 32x32 tile rendering
if you want to make it 3D you should provide an engine that supports
multitexture shaders including normal maps and of course the animation
part (and some post processing stuff).

but please tell me if you are moving to 3D now because all the graphic
i've done is for 2D stuff
even a 3D terrain would require 64x64 tiles at least.

anyway differentiate races would be amazing