Re: [glob2-devel] Music

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:31:36 +0100

> Might work.
> Keep in mind that often the war-music plays for a few seconds only -
> followed by a short time of normal music.  And this change repeats a
> lot.
>
> Also the sounds at about 30sec will probably get annoying in longer
> battles.
>
> Don't try to hard to create music that fits into our existing loop system.
> With Bradley working fulltime on glob2, there is a good chance that this
> system is history soon.  Bradley is extremely fast!

Sorry but I have to oppose this. I think that with the dynamic mixing of the
three types of music we have a moderately original (LucasGames did it with
imuse at the end of the last century) that can give great feedback to the
user.

I agree we should have longer musics, and why not more than three ambiances,
but I think that we should not remove this mixing system without a
consultation with the community (and with the original author of this system,
who is me). I hope that Leo does not pay Bradley to *remove* features!

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net