Re: [glob2-devel] Music

From: Max Shinn
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:32:17 -0600

> So instead of triggering after 10 seconds of attack, we could wait 4
> seconds and trigger at the next possible/convenient time.
This would work nicely.

Another idea:
The reason I am opposed to the current system is because it seems like it will
get monotonous.  What if I made several sets of songs.  Each set would have
however many different moods we would want to set.  Each set would have the
same melody line, tonality, tempo, etc.  Then, the sets would be played in a
random order.  This would allow us to keep the current system and will make
it so that it doesn't just loop over and over.  One problem with this system,
though, is that the music won't be as customized to the mood, especially with
the war music.  Another would be file size.

One way we could overcome one of these problems is by using a hybrid system.
The war music uses the delay system, where it changes at the convenient time.
All of the other mood music uses the set system, with several sets of almost
identical loops.  This may be more difficult to program though.

I also made the war music loop a little better.  It is at:
http://BernsteinForPresident.com/glob2-war.ogg

Thanks!
Max