Re: [glob2-devel] Music

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 03:01:23 +0100

> I think the general consensus is that people want music similar to the
> ambiance of the existing tracks, but longer and more varied.

I think we're interested in different kinds of music, but we either
need a lot of music, or we have to play loops.  With glob2 games
usually taking
hours of gameplay loops have to be carefully crafted, so that they don't
annoy after hours and hours of repeating.  This is a condition that isn't
easy to meet.

But with a userfriendly music system, players will eventually be able
to decide themselves what to hear.

Shall we put links on our wiki to web-pages where people wrote music
for glob2?
--
Kai Antweiler