Re: [glob2-devel] Music

From: Max Shinn
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 20:33:43 -0600

> I think the general consensus is that people want music similar to the
> ambiance of the existing tracks, but longer and more varied.
So...
Should I write music to replace the existing tracks (the peace, the heavy
development and the war) so that users can choose, or should I write some
more to go side by side with the existing music?  The latter would be much
more difficult, because I would have to make it sound similar to the old
ones.
Another question: should I write a bunch of separate parts that can be played
randomly, or should I make one big long song?  Making them play randomly
would probably require a bunch of modifications to your engine, and I don't
know if it would be worth it.  I am open to either option.

Thank you!
Max