Re: [glob2-devel] Music

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Music
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:39:51 -0500

On Feb 5, 2008 9:33 PM, Max Shinn <address@hidden> wrote:
So...
Should I write music to replace the existing tracks (the peace, the heavy
development and the war) so that users can choose, or should I write some
more to go side by side with the existing music?  The latter would be much
more difficult, because I would have to make it sound similar to the old
ones.
Another question: should I write a bunch of separate parts that can be played
randomly, or should I make one big long song?  Making them play randomly
would probably require a bunch of modifications to your engine, and I don't
know if it would be worth it.  I am open to either option.

Thank you!
Max

Write in to replace the existing tracks. In the future, as Kai suggested, we'll likely stream together multiple tracks one after another, and have a complete music system, similar to current games. I'm considering basing our music system off of command & Conquer Red Alert, in terms of the menus atleast. It simply had a bunch of songs and it played them randomly, sometimes selecting particular music for missions. Plus the menu it used was simple and functional.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.