gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2013 12:19:37 +0200

Hi,

On 09/07/13 14:42, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2013 11:18 CEST, "Sebastian Reitenbach" <address@hidden> wrote:

Maybe its something to do with NS(U)Integer changes, old gnustep, and old
talksoup
likely agreed with what they had, but now old talksoup, and new gnustep, don't
agree
anymore. At least I get a lot of runtime warnings from libobjc2 when compiled
with
DEBUG. I need to setup a host with clang, to hopefully get more valuable output
when compiling.
I made a test on an older 5.1 OpenBSD, with following packages installed:
nustep-make-2.6.1
gnustep-base-1.22.1p0
gnustep-gui-0.20.0
gnustep-back-0.20.1p1
gnustep-netclasses-1.06
talksoup-1.0alpha

The alpha version, just with a few patches to actually let it compile and
install.

With the older GNUstep versions, the /join #gnustep
just worked as expected. So with newer gnustep base/gui, there is something
broken :(

Interesting. Are you able to try "current CVS" ? that is, the one with the NSObjectAdditions patch I merged in?

Riccardo