gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 10:58:42 +0200

Hi there.

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
yes, works for me too.
I am however unable to join a channel (commnad doesn't get entered on
return) or authenticate my IRC (to be honest, I don't even see the
notification that my nickname should be authenticated, which is strange)..
I haven't tested with a nickname that needs to be authenticated, so
cannot report on that.

To join an IRC channel you have to

/join <#channelname> <password>

If the channel name doesn't need a password, doesn't matter, just specify
something random. Then in the server tab, I see the topic of the joined channel
showing up, and also a list of the users in the channel, but, a tab for
the channel is not opening.
Hmm. I checked on Debian, where everything is "old": old gnustep, old talksoup... :) THis showed me that everything used to work properly. You can just type and /join #xxxx to join a channel, no thing else needed.
Thus I am convinced that something broke.

How does current CVS version fare for you guys?

Thus something else seems broken. I also tried to use the objectaddition
patch "pure" to see that I didn't make a merge error, but no help.
I don't get what you mean with "pure" here.
I intended here to the patch applied without changes, as opposed to my "merged" version.

To check on the mac will take some time. I don't want to mess with installing gnustep and ngustep.make, but I want native XCode projects and with all the bundles, right now I got lost :)

Riccardo