gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:38:23 +0200

Hi,

On 09/10/13 09:46, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:30 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote: I haven't had yet time to look at the code, but maybe its just comparing NSNotFound against normal (unsigned)int instead of NS(U)Integer, and that's why you don't get those warnings on 32bit, but I get them on 64bit.
Those are generated in other places, I just commited a couple of patches that might help you. YOu should get now less warnings and perhaps even a working application?
There was a buggy gcc version that generated tons of these, but that was
long ago and it is not the case. The message is quite cryptic though.
the system gcc usually works fine, and I don't get those messages compiling
anything else gnustep stuff.
if, it is obj-c only :)

I fear, before the weekend, I won't have much time to look more closely
at the code. So I can only test, but on the weekend, there should be some
time to dig into it, if you don't fix it before ;)
Well, recomp0ile and get the new warnings. If only the pouter mismaptch and __OBJC_INSTANCE_xx errors remain, then I'm happy and don't know what else to fix.

Please start the app under gdb and check if you get an exception and give me the stacktrace in case.

Riccardo