gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:17:36 +0200

Hi,

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 22:09 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sebastian imported Talksoup. I imported some of the floating patches to
> the make system and then imported a runtime patch to NSObjectAdditions,
> merging it with the current code to try to keep the APPLE code working
> (untested though)ยท
>
> The current status is that the application starts, preferences do work
> and it connects to an IRC server.

yes, works for me too.

> I am however unable to join a channel (commnad doesn't get entered on
> return) or authenticate my IRC (to be honest, I don't even see the
> notification that my nickname should be authenticated, which is strange)..

I haven't tested with a nickname that needs to be authenticated, so
cannot report on that.

To join an IRC channel you have to

/join <#channelname> <password>

If the channel name doesn't need a password, doesn't matter, just specify
something random. Then in the server tab, I see the topic of the joined channel
showing up, and also a list of the users in the channel, but, a tab for
the channel is not opening.

What seens to work is if you write a private message to someone
/msg someone
That opens up a new tab with that given user.

> Thus something else seems broken. I also tried to use the objectaddition
> patch "pure" to see that I didn't make a merge error, but no help.

I don't get what you mean with "pure" here.

I resisted to dig into it too much yet, since I don't want to break potential
working on MAC. Maybe you could test it on the mac and see if it works there
or facing the same problems.
Hope that when we know the state on the mac, at least older versions where its
supposed to work, that would make decisions easier, how to proceed.

cheers,
Sebastian