gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:30:41 +0200

Hi,

On 09/10/13 08:49, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
On Monday, September 9, 2013 22:29 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote: many warnings disappeared, but some are new, the ones in main.m
I suppose that these come from my changes in netclasses. I just made "id" explicit in the return of many methods...

Still, the channel tab doesn't open for me, on amd64.
What I recognized, that I don't get the subject and user list shown
when I join a channel. That normally showed up on the server tab.
I don't know if that was already yesterday the case.

Still had no time to test on a 32bit installation, hope to get around to it
today.
I hoped the exception fix would help you. I got one on clang and fixed it, there was some undefined.

Do you get exceptions? I did get several, both on gcc and on clang. These caused the "fake password" and the non-working password identtification or the crash with clang.

I don't know what do do about those:
commands.m:368: warning: the address of '_OBJC_INSTANCE_30' will always evaluate as 'true'

There was a buggy gcc version that generated tons of these, but that was long ago and it is not the case. The message is quite cryptic though.

Riccardo