gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Talksoup - bugs?
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 09:46:20 +0200

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 11:30 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/10/13 08:49, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> >
> > On Monday, September 9, 2013 22:29 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
> > wrote:
> >
> > many warnings disappeared, but some are new, the ones in main.m
> I suppose that these come from my changes in netclasses. I just made
> "id" explicit in the return of many methods...
>
> > Still, the channel tab doesn't open for me, on amd64.
> > What I recognized, that I don't get the subject and user list shown
> > when I join a channel. That normally showed up on the server tab.
> > I don't know if that was already yesterday the case.
> >
> > Still had no time to test on a 32bit installation, hope to get around to it
> > today.
> I hoped the exception fix would help you. I got one on clang and fixed
> it, there was some undefined.
>
> Do you get exceptions? I did get several, both on gcc and on clang.
> These caused the "fake password" and the non-working password
> identtification or the crash with clang.
>
> I don't know what do do about those:
> commands.m:368: warning: the address of '_OBJC_INSTANCE_30' will always
> evaluate as 'true'

I haven't had yet time to look at the code, but maybe its just comparing
NSNotFound
against normal (unsigned)int instead of NS(U)Integer, and that's why you don't
get
those warnings on 32bit, but I get them on 64bit.

> There was a buggy gcc version that generated tons of these, but that was
> long ago and it is not the case. The message is quite cryptic though.

the system gcc usually works fine, and I don't get those messages compiling
anything else gnustep stuff.

I fear, before the weekend, I won't have much time to look more closely
at the code. So I can only test, but on the weekend, there should be some
time to dig into it, if you don't fix it before ;)

cheers,
Sebastian