Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lots of little bits

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Lots of little bits
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:37:30 +0000

Martyn:
> 1. Committee members
> a. Who are they so far - I know an email went out requesting their postal
> addresses, but that doesn't really tell the rest of us.

I believe they are (with where others may have seen them):
Alex Hudson (Aston and Sheffield meetings)
Marc Eberhard (Aston)
Brian Gough (Aston)
Richard Smedley (Sheffield)
MJ Ray (Aston and Sheffield)

These should probably be added to the web site RSN, along with GPG keys.

> b. Are there any specific posts outstanding and/or do we still need more,
> in which case I suppose I'm volunteering!

I'm not sure.  Now we've hit five, I'm inclined to wait for a short while
until the rest of the initial work is done and then coopt any others we feel
are needed.  Of course, if three others disagree with me, then I am
irrelevant.

> I may have overstretched the boundaries of what a list member should do,

No, as long as you didn't claim to be "official" in any way, your help is
welcomed.  I think uklinux are already debianshop.com, so presumably they
handle SPI donations already, so AFFS ones shouldn't be too hard.  Please
let me know what Lance says and then we'll move to finalise any things.

> 3. Hosting
>
> Uklinux.net do free hosting for community projects, and Brian was at the
> Sheffield gig, and said we definately fall into that group, so maybe MJ Ray
> might want to contact them re that anyway.

I'm ignoring hosting myself.  I'm having enough trouble with my own sites
right now.  If Alex or others dealing with the web site feel it needs
moving, then it can be moved.
--
MJR