Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:14:47 +0000 (GMT)

MJ Ray writes:
 >  - More people to be co-opted onto the initial committee (only later ones
 > are elected), which I believe currently consists of two, so we shouldn't do
 > anything else before correcting that.  Personally, I would rather give
 > priority to anyone who was at the Aston meeting who wishes to put themselves
 > forward, then people who I know from elsewhere and finally people who can
 > convince me of their support from their involvement in other projects.  I am
 > not the only one who has to agree, though.

I will volunteer to be on the initial committee.

I see my role as ensuring that the organization is 'gnulitically
correct' (putting freedom first).

 >  - My next actions will be to get a press release and advert put together

I'd prefer that we concentrate on making announcements to potential
members directly using the internet, e.g. on address@hidden, with
information on our initial activities (e.g. opposing software patents
and organizing a GNU day sometime later in the year?).

At the time the announcement goes out it should, ideally, be possible
for people to sign up as members.

Brian