Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:30:14 +0000

Brian Gough wrote:

> MJ Ray writes:
[deletia]
>  >  - My next actions will be to get a press release and advert put together
>
> I'd prefer that we concentrate on making announcements to potential
> members directly using the internet, e.g. on address@hidden, with
> information on our initial activities (e.g. opposing software patents
> and organizing a GNU day sometime later in the year?).

Just to give you a timescale on press releases - if I get something in the
next week it will go in the Linux Format appearing on 28 March:
a week later with the press release and it will be the end of April/
during May that many Linux Format readers tend to hear about it.

I sthere any reason for LXF and Linux Magazine _not_ to get an
announcement out a.s.a.p.?

> At the time the announcement goes out it should, ideally, be possible
> for people to sign up as members.

see note on publication dates, above.

MJ Ray wrote:

> I think a "task list" aimed at members on the affs.org.uk would be a good
> idea.  A page listing not too complicated things that all members and
> supporters can do to add weight to our campaigns.  The software patent
> activities are a good example.

Good call. The easier you make it for people to *start* to get involved,
the better :-)

- Richard

--

Richard Smedley