Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lots of little bits

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Lots of little bits
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 12:45:06 +0000

Richard:
> I could volunteer to be a committee member.  Do I have to [...]
> Or, do I just insult someone ?  :)

Oh, insulting me is normally a good idea.  We're not being paid, so we might
as well have some FUN!

As I more-or-less said to Martyn, until we're running (ie taking money...
paperwork now on its postal journey), I will probably be abstaining from
votes on co-opting new committee members.  Don't let that stop you from
acting as if you are in most ways, as behaving like one is a good way to
become one ;) Your help is very welcome, but I think I've got to keep
concentrating on moving forwards and we've cleared the "five member" hurdle.

The next one is to start taking money and to get all "official" paperwork
(eg final constitution and continually updated accounts) online.  Then we
announce, broaden membership and committee again, and look to arrange our
first meeting, maybe in the Brum Expo.

That reminds me... I've still not found a sparkling Free Software financial
package.  I've one that requires a *lot* of dependencies, two that seem
passable with care, and one that we can't get any reply from.  Suggestions?
--
MJR