Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Happened, happening, needing to happen
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:38:31 +0000 (GMT)

MJ Ray writes:
 > Indeed.  This is why I am holding back on that one.  Do people know of
 > problems with the nochex transfer service?  I doubt it is based on Free
 > Software (but I might be wrong), but it would be useful to have online
 > payments in some way.  I don't have a merchant account that I can use for
 > this, but maybe someone else does?

nochex works fine, but it's debit card based so there is no protection
in the event of the card number being stolen (afaik??), unlike a
credit card.  I could be wrong on that, but generally I haven't used
it myself for that reason.

It should be fine if we can accept cheques by post.  Standing orders
are also good if the co-op account has the facility to accept those.

As far as online payment is concerned the main player is Worldpay
(IMHO), they don't require a merchant account.  They charge about
150gbp/yr+4.5% which we could shell out for if we get enough members.

Brian