Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:33:10 -0500

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:54:51AM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > > Also, the defines
> > > DEFAULT_PARALLEL
> > > DEFAULT_SERIAL
> >
> > I'm wondering if these wouldn't be better set in the config file
> > instead of compiled in.
>
> Yes, probably.

Ok.  AVRDUDE is pretty useless without a config file anyway since
that's the only way it knows about the parts so I don't think we lose
anything by doing this.  And the advantage is that it keeps from
hard-coding the the default values in the binary.

> That way, each of the irrelevant files will yield in a null object
> file that can still be linked without Makefile conditionals, without
> causing any additional harm, and without poisoning a single file with
> too many #ifdefs.

Ok - I'll go ahead and split ppi.* off to par.*.  ppi.* will keep the
low level parallel port access routines and par.* will be more
analogous to stk500.*, retaining the higher level programmer
interface.

-Brian