Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:04:13 -0700

On 11 Feb 2003 at 21:49, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> As E. Weddington wrote:
>
> But it should be simple to #ifdef this.  As i wrote, an additional
> search for $HOME/.avrprogrc under Unix would be a nice thing to have
> anyway (this is approximately the equivalent of looking in the current
> directory first on DOS/Winows), followed by a compile-time configured
> system-wide directory on Unix, maybe an installation-time specified
> directory on Windows (location could be recorded in the registry).
>
> > I would prefer not having to set an additional environment variable
>
> Sure.  I think it's more appropriate for Windows to use the registry
> for this, instead of an environemental variable.  However, this would
> require a "setup.exe" equivalent. ;-)

Out of all of these, the "compile-time configured system-wide
directory" is the most problematic for Windows. An installation-time
specified directory would be preferred for Windows. This can be
easily enough done in the registry with the installer I have. So I
would opt for that route.

Thanks.

Eric