Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:40:06 -0500

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 05:29:05PM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Maybe it's a good idea to have a system-wide config file (defining the
> possible parts and programmers in general), and a user config file
> that overrides the installation settings.  It always bothered me a bit
> that i have to copy & change the template file to match my
> programmer...  Could be done via "include", but the current mechanism
> that selects the default programmer doesn't allow this.

For a long while I've been thinking of doing exactly this.  The system
wide config file would be read first, and then the user's config file
in their home directory.  The results would be merged with user
changes taking precidence where there is a conflict.  I just haven't
been sufficiently motivated to do so.

-Brian