Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:45:28 -0700

On 12 Feb 2003 at 14:48, E. Weddington wrote:

> On 12 Feb 2003 at 16:29, Brian Dean wrote:
>
> > What if we leave ppi.[ch] to be ppi_get/set, etc and create a new
> > file for the parallel port programmer stuff, maybel parallel.[ch] or
> > something.  We'd change the programmer type in the config file to
> > match the new name, of course.  ppi.* would simply retain the low
> > level parallel port manipulation functions, where parallel.[ch]
> > would contain the higher level parallel programmer routines.

Also, the defines
DEFAULT_PARALLEL
DEFAULT_SERIAL
in main.c are platform specific (or soon will be). Can these also be
moved to ppi*.h?

And which would be better?:
1. One monolithic ppi.c file that has conditional compilation between
platforms.
2. One ppi*.c file per platform and configure and auto* tools take
care of building the right makefile per platform.

Eric