Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:44:48 -0500

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 05:27:31PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> > sense to split these routines off from a modularity perspective.  In
> > fact, I think all the ppi_* routines could be declared static within
> > ppi.c (except for ppi_initpgm(), but I plan to fix that shortly).
>
> What about ppi_open and ppi_close? They get assigned to the pgm
> struct.

ppi_open and ppi_close and only directly referenced within ppi.c in the
ppi_initpgm() function.

But nevermind with regard to my comment above - I was thinking I'd be
able to do something like this withing config_gram.y:

        PROGRAMMER * p;

        p = pgm_locate("PPI");
        p->initpgm();

And thus avoid having to directly reference ppi_initpgm() and
stk500_initpgm(), etc.  But - now that I look at the code again, I
realize can't do that - the _initpgm() routine must be called before
the programmer actually exists in the programmer list.

So nevermind - I may do something about this at some point, but not
anytime soon.  It's working the way it is and there are other more
pressing things like letting you guys do your thing with the Windows
and Linux ports :-)

-Brian