[avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows

From: E. Weddington
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude on Windows
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:54:13 -0700

Hello!

I started with the tar file I received from Brian: contributed by
Radek Palenik who got AVRPROG 2.1.1 to work under cygwin (early
October of 2002).

It does build under cygwin with some warnings in lists.c and one
warning in term.c.

In the avrprog-2.1.1 directory (from the tar file) Radek wrote a
Readme.txt file that has comments about the changes he made.
The first change had to do with config_gram.y.

cygwin uses bison instead of yacc. When I build the current avrdude,
the compile of config_gram.c barfs all over the place with a lot of
"undeclared" and "implicit declaration"s.

1. Can GNU bison be used on all platforms and avrdude code written
for that?

Apparently when the built avrprog is executed it wants to find a
config file at /usr/local/avr/etc/avrprog.conf and it can't find it.

2. Is this a fixed location that is looks for this config file?

3. If yes, can avrdude look in the current directory first?

This port to cygwin uses a port driver called PortTalk. It does
similar things as giveio.sys. I have to do some investigation on its
licensing before use of this.

Thanks,
Eric